The Ultimate HVAC Maintenance Checklist For Pet Owners
Our pets are our pride and joy and often our best friends. They do, however, bring a few undesirable elements into the household along with their faithful companionship. Hair, dander and fur can create extra housework, aggravate allergies and also take a toll on our homes’ HVAC systems. So, does it mean we have to get used to it or get rid of our pets? No way! By following a few best practices, you can optimize the performance and extend the life of your heating and cooling system while enjoying the rewards that come with pet ownership.
HVAC Pet Tips
- Take care of the pets. Your pets need routine bathing and grooming to stay comfortable. This routine care will also help your HVAC system work at its best by limiting the amount of hair, fur and dander in your indoor environment.
- Don’t forget to keep your pets comfortable, too. While you are programming your thermostat for the hours while you’re away from home, don’t forget to factor in your pet’s comfort. Pets don’t need the heat or A/C set at the same levels we require for comfort but always consider their safety and comfort too.
- Check for exposed dangers. Curious cats and dogs who like to chew will find things in your home you didn’t even know were accessible. Keep your HVAC system and, most importantly, your pets safe by enclosing any wires or dangerous elements your pet might find and cause a problem.
- Clean filters regularly. Your filters work extra hard with the presence of pets in the home. Keep your filters clean and replace them regularly to improve your HVAC’s performance as well as improve your indoor air quality.
- Consider an air purifier. The investment in an air purifier can be a great addition to your home with pets, especially if any member of your family suffers from allergies. Many options are available and your choice will depend on your needs, your space limitations and your budget
- Enlist the help of the pros. A partnership with an experienced HVAC service provider will help you ensure your HVAC system is working at its best and extend the life of your system. A preventive maintenance plan will also extend the life of your equipment, prevent emergency repairs and keep your home safe.
Stiles Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is your source for heating and cooling services in the Athens area. We’ve been here since 1974 and can help keep your pets safe and your home comfortable.
Get started with a free consultation today.