Athens Summer Heats Up – Come Home to Comfort
There are so many events on the Athens summer calendar to consider. From music festivals, art events and sports, you’re sure to find something memorable to do this summer in Athens and the surrounding communities. While you’re out reveling in the Athens summer fun, you’re going to be exposed to the humid, hot Georgia summer, and when you get home, you’ll want your air conditioning to be working at its best. If you need air conditioning service, be sure to get it scheduled well before the dog days of summer arrive!
Don’t miss these fun Athens events this summer:
- AthFest, June 22-28 – art and music festival with free outdoor concerts, art exhibits, family events and lots more!
- So much more to do in Athens – from the zoo to the botanical gardens to kayaking at Sandy Creek, there are so many outdoor activities to consider this summer.
Take these steps to be sure you can rely on your AC system all summer long:
- Clean or replace the filter. Routinely cleaning your air conditioner’s air filter can have long-lasting benefits to your overall comfort, your energy consumption as well as the health of your HVAC unit. At regular intervals, clean your filter and ensure there is nothing blocking the cool air from keeping your indoor space comfortable. This simple step can prevent the need for unscheduled air conditioning service.
- Remove any debris. As part of your do-it-yourself regimen for your air conditioning service, take a regular walk around your outdoor unit. Check for fallen branches, twigs, leaves or any type of debris inhibiting the airflow of your AC system. In summer when there are more thunderstorms, it is more likely a downed branch or yard debris could fall into your AC unit and clog or damage it.
- Install a programmable thermostat. By installing a programmable thermostat for your air conditioning system, you’ll achieve lower energy costs, reduce unnecessary wear and tear as well as keep your home comfortable by setting the thermostat to the temps you prefer at the times you need it. When you’re headed out for a long day in Athens or Jefferson, you can let the temps rise and set the AC to kick on just before you arrive to a perfectly cooled home.
- Hire an HVAC professional for routine maintenance. While there are some tasks you can take on yourself; many are best left to a professional HVAC technician. Routine air conditioning service can help ensure your system is working at its best. The added benefits of routine, preventive maintenance include a longer life for your HVAC system, reduction in energy costs, the ability to prevent small problems from turning into larger, more costly problems as well as avoidance of emergency repair needs.
- Concerned your current air conditioner or heat pump is struggling or inefficient? Contact a trusted HVAC provider like Stiles Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing for a free estimate on a new cooling system. Current equipment is significantly more efficient than those manufactured as little as a decade ago. Save money every month with reduced utility bills. Multiple financing options are available to keep expenses stable and increase your family’s comfort today.
Stiles Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is looking forward to a wonderful summer in Athens. While we’re out sweating in the Georgia sun, we know how important it is to get home to a cool and comfortable home. We also know how valuable it is to keep those energy bills as low as possible. Follow these easy-to-implement tips for air conditioning service and your HVAC system should be humming along all year round and especially in the humid days of the Watkinsville, Georgia summer. Stiles has been a leader in HVAC service in Athens since 1974. Our technicians are certified and experienced – just schedule a consultation with us, and you’ll see how dedicated we are to being the best in customer service.